• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What should I do about my hair?

Pet Sounds

Bluelighter
Ok so I start class on 8/18, and I have an issue with my hair. When I shampoo it every other day, it looks gorgeous. Feels soft and simply perfect. But when I shampoo every day, it gets really dry and just doesn't look right. However, when I shampoo every other day, the days in between my hair looks terrible.

How can I keep my hair clean but also prevent it from drying out? I've heard moisturizing conditioner works well from a friend.

I am planning on getting a haircut either today or tomorrow, if that means anything.

Perhaps you could try shampooing less often? People's hairs seem to get "used to" it and produce less oil. However that works, don't ask me. I have a friend who hardly ever uses shampoo and his hair looks clean.

Pet Sounds, do you have long hair? I'm a girl with pretty long hair, it gets really greasy if I don't wash it daily --- conditioner is DEFINITELY a great idea and will prevent it from drying out. Try to find one without silicone in it which leaves buildup in your hair...Dove makes great conditioners, I swear by them.

I have hair that gets greasy very easily, similar and I can't go one shampoo w/o using conditioner. I never even really wash my hair if conditioner is unavailable cuz my hair sucks w/o it.

It may be true about how washing ur hair all the time causes it to be more greasy. I recently have been just sitting at home with a partner who doesn't mind my greasy hair. So I washed it something like 1-2 times per week, more like once. I just washed my hair yesterday for a family thing and it's not greasy at all today. It used to be super greasy the next day. I had to was my hair everyday but now I don't since I gave it a little bit of a break.

Hmm Zyggy I might give that a try. My hair gets so greasy, and I also won't usually wash without conditioner unless I absolutely have to.

I think I may wait until the winter to teach my hair though...summer humidity = lots of sweaty hair haha. Is there any specific shampoo/conditioner that you use?